09 July 2010

The return from camp, and a simply splendid shirt.


I bought it at Winners last week. I like it a lot.

I have just returned from several days at Camp Nakamun: the "Counselors in Training" camp. It was fun, if not a little grating. It consisted mostly of sitting through sessions on how to be a good leader, a good role model and how to deal with certain situations. It was informative and necessary for the work I will be doing later this summer. I now know what to expect, how to act and generally how the camp works.

But, apart from that [including all the praying aloud, 'small group' discussions, Biblical reflection and revisions of "Jesus loves you"], we had time for other fun camp activities; namely paint ball, the zip line, The Amazing Race, climbing the climbing wall, campfire, kitchen duty, etc. I also received a massive paint ball welt [truly a red badge of courage] and rode in my first kayak.

My fellow campers were also nice. That was more than I had hoped.

It was however, very lovely to get home, shower and eat a decent meal.

I'm excited for this week. Time for more reading, film watching, sewing and sun-tanning. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment