10 June 2013

hello again

It's been raining for days and days. Storm after storm after sun-shower. The smell has been fantastic. For once, I have no complaints about the weather.


It's been a long time since I've written to the generic Internet in the guise of a blog post, and between the last time and now everything and nothing has come to pass. There have been projects concluded and begun, people met, new experiences used up, alcohol consumed, money spent, weight lost and hair lengthened. Plans for the near/distant future have also been hatched.


After what felt like a century-long winter and snail-slow spring, the summer is looking bright. There will be festivals to attend, a lifeguarding course to pass, moth eggs to hatch, mountains to scale, bonfire parties to hold, people to visit, further clothing to construct, and an expensive bicycle to purchase. Later this month, I shall be taking my first driver's test.


In fact, life is looking bright. In this generation where "twenties are the new teens," I feel like I'm actually becoming more of an adult. I'm slowly finding that balance between girl and woman within myself. I'm learning new things, discovering new interests, mingling with new people. It's refreshing and exciting. I have so many things to look forward to and be thankful for.


And that's all I have to update about the life of Laura. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment